Sunday, September 27, 2015

A Little Help for my Best Friend!

So, I know this blog is for our class thoughts on reading but I figured, why not get all of your attention through a little separate blog post?

This past weekend, my best friend in the whole world (a whopping eight years of friendship!) was hospitalized. Her name is Faythann Fallon and she's a fellow RIC student. Here's a vine of us when we were 17 in 2014 when "Wiggle" was an incredibly popular song:



Faythann has a bone disease called Osteogenisis Imperfecta, otherwise known as brittle-bone disease. That means she can break a bone incredibly easily. This weekend, she went to New York City by herself to go see a concert with another friend of mine. This achievement of leaving Rhode Island by herself for the first time is so heart-warming and inspiring, I should probably write a whole separate blog post about it! Anyways, while in NYC, my friends were meant to go to the Global Citizens Festival to see performers like Ed Sheeran and Beyonce! Unfortunately, while on the way, Faythann fell from her wheelchair and broke her right hip and left tibia and fibula. She spent the night in a New York hospital and then was airlifted to Hasbro Children's Hospital the next morning after a very long night of doctor's poking and prodding her.

So, my friend has come up with a great idea to put a smile on Faythann's face while she takes a few months to recover from her accident. We're starting a hastag on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram as well as a post on Tumblr. This hashtag is #FaythannAndEd and we're hoping that Ed Sheeran will see it and find some way to send a hello to Faythann while she's resting. So far the response has been overwhelming. The love we've seen for my best friend has made such a positive impact on me and makes me think that future looks so, so bright.

So if you guys wouldn't mind helping me spread our message that would be great.
Here's the tweet
My personal twitter filled with #FaythannAndEd
My Instagram post about it
And the tumblr post we've got going around.

I know this a long post but I just wanna help my friend in any way I can. Thank you to all of those that read it and I know Faythann really appreciates it :)

3 comments:

  1. I've retweeted/reblogged a few posts already and definitely plan on continuing to help spread the word! Thank you so much for sharing, what you're doing for your friend is beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are on the right path. Please keep it up.

    ReplyDelete